Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This Mother Posted Suicide Note on Facebook

Kamis, 11 Februari 2010

Lita Broadhurst left an apparent suicide note on her Facebook page and then plunged 30ft from her fourth-floor rooftop terrace

KOMPAS.com - A mother-of-two jumped to her death after announcing her suicide on social networking site Facebook. British expat Lita Broadhurst, 48, died instantly after leaving a tormented message for her teenage children and plunging 30ft from her fourth-floor rooftop terrace.

English teacher Lita, who lived in Garrucha near Almeria in south east Spain, was due to give evidence against an ex-boyfriend accused of assaulting her in a trial scheduled for the day of her death. He has now been released on bail while investigators probe her deathbed message, left two days before she ended her life.

Lita, who had named her alleged attacker on her Facebook page and detailed a litany of abuse she claimed to have suffered at his hands, wrote: 'I have been so terrified these past 12 hours that I have even slept with a crowbar in my hands, a bottle beside the bed and the phone prepared for instant dialling of the local police number.

'I am not easily beaten, but this time I can see no way out of the black hole.

'My fabulous children are my only anchor and I deeply regret the pain I will cause them both.

'Please, I beg you, don't hate me for letting you down now.

'My love for you both will never disappear because I have no doubts that when you need it, you'll feel it still.'

The message was titled Lita Broadhurst: Last Words. Lita is thought to have penned the Facebook message the same day she reported her ex-partner, also British, to police. A new date for his trial has yet to be set.

Lita died last Friday morning around 9.30am. Police had raced to her home after being alerted by worried neighbours. A court spokesman said: 'The trial was postponed at the last minute because of the British woman's death.

'The man she had accused of assaulting her has been released on bail.'

============
source: kompas.com

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP